This was a last minute stint. I had to go visiting in the day and by the time I reached home, my sister-in-law was about 10-15 minutes away from reaching my house. Lucky for me, I cooked the meat sauce in the morning before I stepped out.
You have no idea how rushing it was for me; laying the meat sauce, lasagne and cheese, while ensuring that the oven was hot enough to put this in before she comes.
But this has always been my favourite dish to serve to my guests, as it's not too heavy or light as a meal. Enjoy!
Minced beef or chicken
Chicken cube (dissolve in a little bit of water)
1) Heat oil in saucepan and then fry the chopped onions, chopped garlic and bay leaves until they become soft.
2) Put in the mince meat / chicken and simmer.
3) Pour in the tomato sauce, tomato puree and chicken cube and bring to the boil.
4) Sprinkle oregano powder, simmer for a while and turn off the fire.
5) While waiting for the meat sauce to cool, soak a few lasagne sheets with hot water until soft (al dente).
To lay the lasagne:
1) Cover the base of your ovenproof dish with a layer of the meat sauce.
2) Layer mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of it and top it off with a sheet of lasagne.
3) Repeat steps 1 & 2 until ovenproof dish is full.
4) Bake until cheese are well-melted and golden brown.
5) Serve with choice of salad.