Saturday 20 December 2008

Crispy Chicken Strips

For quite some time, I was inspired to make something like the Taiwanese Snack Bar here offers - Crispy Chicken (that's not what it's actually called by the way). A lot of times as I passed by the snack bar, I tell myself that I should try making this. It's a matter of getting the right seasoning (I think).

It's like a chicken cutlet using chicken breast seasoned with garlic & some other spices & fry till crispy. Then the cook will sprinkle more seasoning (I suspect it's garlic powder) before serving it to his customer. If you're standing very close to the snack bar, the whiff of the seasoning entices & awakens the saliva glands that I decided to give it a shot - my style.

Here's my Taiwanese-style-Crispy-Chicken-Strips:

10 pcs chicken strips or breast (I'm using strips this time)
1 egg (use egg white only)
Garlic salt
Mild Cayenne Pepper
White Pepper
Breadcrumbs
Garlic Powder
*No specific measurement given as I'm seasoning it according to my taste.

1) Season chicken strips with garlic salt, cayenne pepper & white pepper. Marinate for at least 1 hour.

2) Heat oil for deep-frying.

3) Before frying season egg white with garlic salt, cayenne pepper & white pepper. Dip the chicken strips into the seasoned egg white and then into the breadcrumbs.

4) Be sure that the oil is hot enough before putting the breadcrumb covered chicken strips into the pan.

5) Fry till golden brown.

6) Drain cooked chicken strips. Season with garlic powder before serving.


Everyone likes it. Perfect for the kids' too as I'm using mild cayenne pepper and not too much of the white pepper. I'm definitely gonna repeat this.


Crispy Chicken Strips

Give it a try. These are easy & using only few ingredients. Great for snacking too.

No comments: