Tuesday 24 February 2009

Honey Nut Granola Muffins

I'm always getting distracted whenever I'm logged in to post.

Not distracted by my kids, but other food sites which always manage to attract my attention.




Anyways, spent the morning baking oat muffins. I didn't actually use the original recipe (but I'll include it anyway) because I've been wanting to finish this -------------->



I used the Honey Nut Granola instead of rolled oats & almonds (which are in the original recipe), as the Granola already comes with almonds. I originally bought this to overcome my hunger pangs at work (cos my meal times can get a bit abnormal). But I didn't get to finish it. So instead of keeping this in the fridge & waiting for the expiry date, I might as well use it for the muffins.


Ingredients (original recipe): Makes a dozen

1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup rolled oats*
1/2 cup ground almonds*
(I replaced * ingredients with 1 1/2 cups Honey Nut Granola)
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup honey
60g low fat butter, melted
1 egg
Icing sugar, to serve

1) Preheat oven to 180C. Line 12-hole muffin pan with muffin paper cups.

2) Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix in oats, ground almonds and raisins. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.

3) In a jug, whick together milk, honey, low fat butter and egg. Add to dry ingredients, mixing lightly until just combined.

4) Spoon mixture into muffin paper cups until two thirds full.

5) Bake for 20 mins, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

6) Serve dusted lightly with icing sugar.

No comments: