Monday 26 February 2007

Blueberry Muffins

Yesterday I brought home a food magazine and dh suggested that I should try some of it cos it has been a while since I tried some "real food" (that's what he said).

Well, it's not that I don't want to try but sometimes:
1) it's hard to find the ingredient
2) I have to buy the whole packet when all I need is just a few grams
3) the process is too troublesome

(sigh!) But nevertheless will still make an attempt to try some of the recipes one of these days. When I'm in the mood. So far, I've indicated some of the dishes that I will try to cook, namely "Lamb & Haloumi Kebabs", "Lamb Kofta wz Spiced Yoghurt", "Spanish Tortilla", "Cajun Potato Wedges" etc...

But for today it will be Mee Rebus.

In the afternoon decided to bake a simple recipe - Blueberry Muffins.




Blueberry Muffins

The recipe requires sour cream. But since this was a last minute stint & I didn't have any sour cream in the fridge, I substituted it with fresh milk. Taste & texture is just fine.

2 cups plain flour

2 tsps bkg powder

3/4 cup caster sugar

1 cup sour cream

2 eggs

1 tsp finely grated lemon rind

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Method:

1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Sift the flour & baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar & stir to combine.

2) Place the sour cream, eggs, lemon rind & oil in a bowl & whisk until smooth. Stir the sour cream mixture through the flour & sugar mixture until just combine. *For tender muffins that rise well, stir the mixture evenly & only until just combine. Do not overwork the mixture.

3)Sprinkle over the blueberries & stir once. Spoon the mixture into lined muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 12 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.

While typing this, I managed to purchase a bracelet from Mazlyni/Kak Lyn from Multiply. Will complete the transaction soon so I can get my hands on the beautiful bracelet as soon as possible. (so excited!)

No comments: