Made these with and for my daughter, who has been feeling bored in her daily routine of watching TV, playing, reading, colouring, drawing, colouring etc.... Had some time to spare and these cookies doesn't require much ingredients, so tried out this really simple recipe. She pressed the cookie dough, while I think of the colours and designs to 'paint'.
After baking the cookies, gotta think of some really colourful ideas to 'paint' them, and tadaa! If you look carefully, I've actually forgotten to put on a smile onto one of the bears. But as long as she's happy with her work, I'm grateful for the time we had making and baking these together.
250g castor sugar
500g self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
2) Add egg, salt & vanilla essence. Mix well.
3) Sift flour into creamed mixture.
4) Once done leave the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes before rolling it.
5) Roll out dough & use your cutters to cut out the cookies.
6) bake at 180C for about 10-15mins or until golden brown.
Mix together 1 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar & 2 tblsps water until smooth. Add drops of food colouring & continue mixing until combined. Use as required on top of baked cookies.