Chocolate Almond Crunchies
50g dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
40g whole almonds, toasted & chopped into small chunks
80g brown sugar
1/2 tsp golden syrup
110g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
120g rolled oats
- Preheat oven at 170C. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Melt butter, sugar & golden syrup in a bowl, over a saucepan filled with water.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt into mixing bowl. Add oats & half of chocolates & almond chunks. Blend everything well.
- Pour melted butter mixture into mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon, stir & mix everything together. Add few drops of water if mixture seems dry.
- Form dough into ball & press gently to flatten it. Scatter remaining chocolates & almond chunks on top of biscuits, press a little.
- Bake crunchies, middle shelf for 15-20 mins.
- When cooked leave crunchies to cool on the baking tray for 10 mins before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.