Yesterday was grilled pomfret with spicy sweet soya sauce, which is one of our family favourite (not sure if I've posted the ingredients here). Today it's Baked Seafood & Chicken Rice.
Baked Rice (you can substitute whatever ingredients you have)
White powdered pepper
Black mushroom sauce
Light soya sauce
Chicken breast / fillet (chopped)
Bottled white pasta sauce (I use Al Fredo)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in wok / pan. Fry the garlic, ginger & white pepper until fragrant.
2. Add in the mushroom & oyster sauce.
3. Then put in the chicken meat (with a little bit of water) and cook until tender. Once tender (don't overcook), add in the prawns and fishcake.
4. Add in the rice & stir. Pour in the mixed vegetables, mushrooms and light soya sauce to taste.
5. Turn off fire and get a casserole dish ready for the baking part.
6. Butter the insides of the casserole dish.
7. Scoop rice into the casserole dish & press it down to make an even layer.
8. Spread a layer of the Al Fredo sauce on top of the rice.
9. Sprinkle with cheddar & mozzarella cheese.
10. Repeat steps no.7 - no.9 until casserole dish is full.
11. Bake in a preheated oven until cheese on top turns golden brown.
12. Serve hot.
This one-dish meal is perfect to be served for guests coming over with your favourite salad. You can also prepare this in an aluminium dish and freeze it until ready to use.
I did just that and had time to make brownie for another preggie friend who's due to give birth soon.