Saturday 18 June 2011

My much overdue entry

Didn't realize another month had just zoomed by and my blog hadn't been updated at all. Besides busy baking & re-stocking the pantry, I've been on a new project - Revamping my Cupcakes. More on that later.

So what have I done lately? More Brownies, Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake & Red Velvet Cupcakes...

21st May '11: Heart-shaped Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake & Mango CheeseCups for Sarah Longue

25th May '11: Red Velvet Cupcakes for Azilah for her 2-yr-old twins' birthday

28th May '11: Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake for Marni

29th May'11: Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake requested by Ain for her uncle's birthday celebration

29th May '11: Red Velvet Cupcakes for Ros, along with some sweet buns

30th May '11: 8x5" Brownie, cut into minis for Arni

30th May '11: Red Velvet Cupcakes for Haslinda

1st June '11: Brownies for Ayu

3rd June '11: Red Velvet Cupcakes for Manisah

6th June '11: Brownie Cups with mini marshmallows for Arni

10th June '11: Request from Ros' mum for 3 sets of Red Velvet Cupcakes

10th & 12th June '11: Requests from Ayu for a whole & 8x5" Brownie 

15th June '11: Wanee requested for 2 dozen Mango CheeseCups & 2 sets of Red Velvet Cupcakes 

15th June '11: 8x5" Brownie with white chocolate chips for Elyn

Apart from all the goodies requests, I've been using my free time to experiment on 'fresher' cupcakes concoctions. It took a lot of work though. I have the flavours in my mind, but to put everything together was a whole different thing. I kept thinking, will this recipe work? how will this & this taste together? Is it too sweet? Is it too rich? The list goes on...

Besides rolling out the Red Velvet Cupcakes first, I have 3 other flavours which are ready. My target - to get at least 2 more flavours ready by 1st July (fingers crossed).

Talking about Red Velvet Cupcakes, I've been having that since a year ago but then there was no demand. I've stopped baking that & it seemed now that it has made a comeback. Whatever sparked the re-appearance of the Red Velvet?



No comments: