Monday 28 September 2009

What's for Eid?

I am so caught up with other issues that I've neglected my blog. The result - outdated posts & pictures.

To start off, Eid Mubarak to all!

There wasn't much preparations this year as I had to work on the first day of Eid. Therefore instead of cooking my own dishes on the eve, I went over to mum's. How I miss her cooking! I wish I could eat her cooked food everyday now.

Anyways, there were a few requests from friends for cookies & cakes. I tried to limit the numbers as I was afraid I might not be able to commit due to time-constraint (again due to work commitments).

These were a few I could manage 2 weeks before the festival. Goodies that were offered for request were Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, Cornflakes Snow, Brownie Platter, Chocolate Cheese Brownie & Cotton Cheesecakes (Matcha or Strawberry).


Chocolate Cranberry Cookies


Cornflakes Snow


Brownie Platter (with Chocolate Chips topper)


Chocolate Cheese Brownie


Matcha Cotton Cheesecake

While whipping up the ingredients, somehow I managed to pull through two new recipes - Almond Melts & Matcha Cheese Cookies.

By now you'd probably be saying, "Yeah right, for someone who'd just said "due to time-constraint", she squeezed in 2 new cookies for no apparent reasons at all". That's true; for no reasons I made 2 extra new cookies. I don't know why... probably because I have some ingredients left that I didn't want to waste.

Almond Melts


Matcha Cheese Cookies

For both Matcha Cotton Cheesecake and cookies, I got all excited about using the new flavour that I just fell in love with it. The smell is soooo refreshing. Must remember to stock up on this.

For the Matcha Cheese Cookies, I thought that it'd be better if I used pistacchios instead of almond on top. Not really to suit the taste, but more of variation from all the cookies.

Overall, I am grateful that all the requests were met & collected on schedule. A big thank you to dearest hubby for helping to fetch me to & from the groceries and baking supplies store for these. He contributed in such a 'big' way.

I'm gonna get busy again this week with Chocolate Cupcakes request (from a friend) for an engagement ceremony this Saturday. She had requested for the exact same cupcakes' decor she saw at my brother's wedding (the girl's side).

Saturday, hopefully, we can resume our visiting to more of our aunts' and close friends' abode.

Then there's the food preparation for ex-colleagues from SATS, who are coming over on Sunday.

Phew!! That's a handful of activities... I really need to rejuvenate.

Till the next blog entry. Have a great week ahead food people!

No comments: