Monday 23 November 2009

Tired

I feel relaxed when I'm not working. But of course! If you're not relaxed even when you're not working, there's something wrong. But seriously, OFF day days are quieter; I'm calmer.

I decided to take the day off since I feel so tired after yesterday's event. The graduation wasn't the only place we went to.

We went over to my mum's (cos I'm starting to miss her home-cooked food); let the kids catch up with their grandparents (but my dad wasn't in. He came back just as we were leaving). After about 2 hours, we came back home with a few bags of food ranging from frozen to cooked to packed to junk food. (So I know we won't starve for the next few days). Managed to get my hands on the Kuih Makmur from Raya.

I love this Kuih Makmur, made by one of my mum's friend's mother (by generation, I can call her grandma). To me, she makes the perfect Kuih Makmur, the best I've tasted in so many years. So far, no one else has made Kuih Makmur the best she does. It has crunchy crushed peanut filling (mixed with right amount of sugar) and the not-too-thick, melt-in-your-mouth dough is sprinkled with enough snow sugar. What more can one ask for?

Since there is still a quarter bottle left, I brought it home for my own indulgence (I sound like a glutton). Yum!


Kuih Makmur

After my mum's we went to the maid agency to finalise the transaction. Our letter of appeal managed to go through & approved. (There was an unforeseen situation when we made the application). I am now waiting for confirmation on the date of my new domestic helper's arrival. Please pray for me that this one will turn out fine, at least for these 2 years. I'll be taking one week off work to teach the new one and hopefully the kids will have no problem adapting.

By the time we were able to wind down it was already six in the evening. I find that the hours during your OFF days are generally shorter as compared to other normal working days, really. And I fret the day I've to return to work.



No comments: