Monday 4 May 2009

Lemon Meringue Pie

I've promised my SIL Ruzana that I would be making her Lemon Meringue last Saturday, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to cancel that & bake another day.

Since today I have a little bit of free time after settling some errands and catching up on a few pending chores, I managed to bake her a dozen Lemon Meringue Pie.



I have a little difficulty reducing the sugar, as I have already done so but I still find that it's still a little too sweet (for me at least). I'll definitely be reducing it a little bit more. But anyways, the sweetness won't hurt your precious teeth this time I promise.



Another challenge was to ensure that the meringues stay put. And when you took them out of the oven you have to make sure that the meringues don't 'fall'.



A lesson learned from previous failed attempts is to have patience. I won't bake if I'm in a rush. Follow the instructions as there are no shortcuts in achieving successful bakes. Of course there should not be too much distractions. But with kids around you all the time, there'd always be distractions.

So later I'll be collecting dear daughter's birthday cake from fellow baker - PetitBizkit. I'll be uploading the cake when I come back. So stay tuned...

No comments: