Tuesday 8 December 2009

Custard Puff

I don't know why I have an urge to eat Custard Puffs. This was, by the way, a coincidence as dear hubby was actually looking for Chocolate Eclairs last Saturday.

Didn't find any at my work place, surprisingly although one of the restaurants there was still open. The only dessert left - Brownie. We ended up eating sugar rolls on Sunday.

I haven't tried making the choux pastry in a loooonnng time. This was probably because I learned doing it the hard way - using my arm to keep stirring the pastry until it's done. Then, I promised myself that I would not do this again. And other pastries.

So after years of seclusion from the pastry-making world, I have decided to give it one more shot. Thankfully enough, the pastry did just well. Then comes the custard part. I don't like it to be too 'solid' nor runny. Therefore getting the right consistency was another challenge.


Custard filling



Freshly-baked pastry

As I was filling the pastries up with the custard, I noticed that they were fast gone from the table. Two pairs of little hands keep popping by... hmmm... The littlest didn't seem to enjoy these though.

Just as I wanted to round up the kitchen, I remembered someone requested to have the Custard Puff dipped in chocolate. I guessed this was another way of dealing with missed opportunity of eating Chocolate Eclairs last weekend.



Custard Puff


No comments: