Sunday 25 November 2007

Hectic & Stressed

It's been a hectic & stressful week for me. Not because of goodies requests but more to my maid issue.

I've sent my maid home & currently training the new one. Never did I expect that she didn't know a word of English, after she had failed her test the first time. This is a problem because dearest daughter speaks English & without knowing & understanding the language means my daughter would not be able to tell the maid what she wants (eg: eat, drink, pass motion etc) when both hubby & I are working.

I have tried countless times contacting the agency located at Tanjong Katong Complex of the problem I'm facing & looks like I have to wait (again) for new biodatas to arrive. The thing about this agency is that since I've been attended by this one person, other staff who answered my call would refer me to this one person only. That is so frustrating cos the person that I'm supposed to talk to is always, "engaged on the line" or "talking to a customer". If that is the case, why can't the other staff attend to me??

I spent one whole day on Friday trying to 'nail' this particular staff (since they want only this person to attend to me). Of course I understand that I am not their only customer, but I thought my case is urgent as I want ample time to train the new maid before I resumed work in January. By the time I get a new one, I think I would only have one month to train the new maid instead of two months. I hope the new maid would be able to learn fast & have experience at least to take care of very young kids & a baby. The rest ie: housework & cooking can be taught over time on a day-to-day basis.

The agency have given 3 bios to look through. Of which only one completed her contract in 2003. 'The staff' wanted to replace a transfer maid, whom I rejected because I have bad experience (more to a nightmare) before. So I hope the agency will expedite to contact this maid & have her come here as soon as possible.

The English language is not the only problem I'm facing with the new maid. Both my kids doesn't like her. They just don't click. When we went grocery shopping, both my kids do not want to walk with the maid. And I have Baby Ghazi to carry in my carrier too. Since that's the case, the maid will just have to carry the groceries then. It's very tiring for me too cos whatever the kids want, they ask me instead of going straight to the maid. It's like I'm doing all the work in the house. And I really thank God for giving me the physical strength to go through this.

I know I have no luck in having a good maid, even after years of having one. I really really hope that this time (the replacement) I can depend on her. Someone who is responsible & enjoy playing with kids.

Anyways, enough of the stress issue. The more I talk about it the more stressed, frustrated & worried I get.

Last Thursday had a little meet-up with an old friend Melissa, who accompanied me to the bakery supplies stores for me to stock up my goods. Although it was a few hours meeting, we caught up on our secondary school days & I really enjoyed the company. Too bad another friend of ours couldn't make it cos he's down with fever. But I hope to get all of us meet in early December, before Melissa leaves for her Taiwan holiday on her birthday & Azmi to Hanoi for work & holiday (somewhere).

Since I've already bought a lot of stuff, I decided to try a new recipe - Lemon Crumble. It's a combination of shortbread (at the bottom) & lemon filling on the top. First time trying & definitely needs improvement.


Lemon Crumble

Today, went for 'jalan-jalan' to deliver Effa's goodies - Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecups & M&Ms Brownie. Despite having her address, we got lost & drove all the way to Jurong East heh... Thanks Effa for the requests.


Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecups & M&Ms Brownie

No comments: