Tuesday 13 January 2009

Thoughts

I've been loggin in & out of my blogger, contemplating if I should write something. Since last week I've things to say but pushed it at the back of my head.

It started off with losing 2 of my colleagues last week when they were laid off. Yes the company I'm with is not doing very good. Not only the Singapore office is affected but also worldwide. Although it was kinda expected, I didn't expect it to happen so soon & to my department. (Big sigh!!!)It's a bit depressing for me....& stressful....

Today it's going to happen again in our neighbour country office. I have no idea who are actually affected, although the people I spoke to said they are ALL affected.

When things like this happen, I try to put myself in their shoes. What was it like?

If I were being laid off, would I appreciate that? Because I've thought about being a SAHM. Would I be happy that it happened to me? (Cos for one thing, it saves me from writing out my notice). And being laid off means getting a little compensation for the number of years service from the company. On the contrary, would I be worried that my source of income is affected?

Although the thought of being a SAHM cross my mind all the time, I don't know if I'd appreciate staying at home with the kids 24-7, when I've been working since I left school.

Hhmmmm..... mixed feelings.....

But to my colleagues who are affected, don't worry. Every cloud has a silver lining. You may be in for something even better in future.

All my best wishes to you.

No comments: