Thursday 12 August 2010

I'm available!

Here's an update: I've given up my job of 11 years.

I finally took the plunge. It wasn't an easy decision. But I feel that this is just the right time. Why? I asked myself the same question over & over again and I'm sure a lot more friends will ask me the same thing too. I described my situation as being a "product which has matured its shelf life". Therefore I need to make a change. I feel that this time is the right time. Although dear hubby is a little stressed that I'm gonna be jobless after Raya, I'm thankful that he'll make certain 'adjustments' for the time-being.

It's going to be awkward waking up one day & realize that I don't have to start putting my make-up on 1hr before stepping out, rushing to the bus-stop to catch that bus and travelling 45mins by train to town. I just hope that I won't be too comfortable with the new routine, though.

In the meantime, I'd try to get my youngest to have more interest in books. You see, having the maid to care for your kids also means that they'd sit the kid in front of the telly than sitting them down with books (although time-table was set for the maid to follow, who'd really know she's abiding by it??) So while waiting for appointment calls to come in, I'm going to try to make up for lost time with the kids.

This will be the first break I've had in many years. I look forward to new challenges.

Wish me luck!

No comments: