Tuesday 21 December 2010

When you have lots of blueberries, you make.....

Blueberry Pie, of course!

Since I'd bought two punnets of fresh blueberries from Giant's a couple of days ago, I was pressured by DH to make something different from my usual range of desserts & goodies. (I was thinking of making scones, really).

So the very first thing that he came up with was baked Blueberry Pie. He had been asking me to bake this a few times before and I kept putting it off. I'd always felt intimidated making a full pie (with the shell) because making pie pastry wasn't my best at all. I've tried different recipes but it was always the technique that failed me.


Well since the fresh blueberries were bought at such a good deal, I felt it would be an injustice to leave the berries in the fridge (to dry up) without giving this recipe a shot. So I was subconsciously pushed to try making the pastry again.

I wouldn't say that it turned out perfectly this time, but it was slightly better. There is still room for improvement, though.

What mattered was DH loved it!

sistabrownie's homemade Blueberry Pie

No comments: