Thursday 20 January 2011

Macarons

I actually had another cooking mission to do, which I deliberately put on hold. Firstly because I need to look for a key ingredient, which would require me to move about a bit; secondly I need a second (or maybe third) opinion on the recipe. Anyways, I shall get to that when I'd done & completed the 'mission'.

So I needed to get 'rid' of my egg whites. Since there was no response on the Cornflakes Snow order, I was bothered by the possibility of the egg whites turning bad soon. Hubby suggested Lemon Meringue Pie, but the mood was just not there for me to make anything citrus right now ; ).



Moving on to another 'technique-al' recipe, I took another chance to try my hands on Macarons. This time I reminded myself to use more drops of colours so they will stand out after baking. The last time I did these, I was so afraid to use a little more pink & the Macarons turned out nude colour thereafter. So no mercy on the colours this time.

Blue for boys.... Pink for girls....

I made blueberry blue & strawberry pink. There was another colour / flavour that I made but somehow some of them cracked; coffee cream. Wonder what went wrong, but my guess was the oven temperature. Still, I managed to save some...


And this little guy never stopped munching on these sweet treats...

No comments: