Thursday 6 January 2011

Pineapple Tarts

The two people, who had always pushed me into trying making my own Pineapple Tarts, are my mum and my husband. After much hesitation and deliberation, I finally gave in. I wasn't sure what came over me but despite being very tired yesterday, I proceeded with my plan.

The reasons for me not to give it a go much earlier when I started sistabrownie was that, I didn't know and want to make my own pineapple jam. It's just so troublesome & time-consuming! But of course you'd get more satisfaction making your own. No matter how I hated it, I still wanted to try making the tart dough with that 'melt-in-your-mouth' effect. So I bought the pineapple jam (hee!)


Following the family (well not actually family, rather my mum's) recipe intently, the dough was a success. Now, the dough was so delicate I was stressed about rolling & cutting it. But I gotta do what I gotta do, get it over and done with. It took about 3-4 times of rolling before I got the hang of it.

I switched between two mould cutters because the first one didn't make deep patten impression, plus the centre was not deep enough for me to fill the pineapple jam.


The second one had deep centre, which was perfect for me to put 'reasonable amount' of filling. The only downside was that there's no patter whatsoever. So the hardworking-but-tired me decided to crimp the sides, which took me a loonngg time to finish.


But I guessed the effort paid off. Although I took from lunchtime right up to dinnertime to complete my bakes, DH was very impressed with the taste.


Mission accomplished!

No comments: